Monday, March 7, 2016

Small Word Poem

A Fruitful Flag


How should I not love this flag?
This flag gave me a right.
This flag gave me liberty.
This flag gave me hope.
Where were you when we won independence?
My great, great, great grandparents were not yet born,
but I was destined to live in a land of freedom.
I was free ever since I was born.
Thanks to my old folks who were brave to fight.
Where were you when we almost divided into the Separate States of America?
God didn't allow for us to separate.
We are called for peace, not a split.
All these years,
ever since we gain independence from Britain.
As a united country, we went through a lot.
We have gone through peril, grief, woe, and ire.
But since we have eachother’s back,
we also have lived glee.
This flag is a badge.
We have achieved many things in this country,
but unitedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: The Snow Child

The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey I really enjoyed this book. I would give it a 4.7/5 because it was beautifully written with figurative la...