Friday, March 4, 2016

Twenty Little Poetry Project


Rough Seas

  1. The sea waters are a universe.
  2. The waves come near me and wave at my feet.
  3. Sand mixes all over my feet. The wind that blows my hair goes inside of my nose and smells as salty as last night's dinner. The color of the waves change the color of my eyes. The seas creatures make noises, but I understand their language. They call for me to join them in an adventure. I couldn’t because I can’t breathe with neither my nose or mouth. I tried to get in and all I tasted was green seaweed that tasted like lettuce and broccoli.
  4. The sky turned dark enough to not be able to see the waters natural color the way that you swallow something solid as if you were dying.
  5. a sudden blow in my face when I woke up by Carlos Rivera on the little house on top of the sand in Guanica, Puerto Rico because I was a sleep for two long that day in 2001.
  6. I didn’t sleep all day long in 2001.
  7. My brother was small and annoying, but most times I enjoyed his company.
  8. I wondered if he wanted to join the chorus to sing. Easy Peasy for her.
  9. She had the highest voice because of her high heels.
  10. A quiet place where a sea breeze sings the song.
  11. The fancy human of skill that is afraid to pass the sea shore.
  12. I am as peaceful as the tsunami that’s gates been open to flood.
  13. I am given natural gills to be able to breath under water.
  14. Why couldn’t Karla just swim with all that talent that she received.
  15. They will all see me tonight swim as fast as the sailfish and be surprised.
  16. The flippers that move me like a lazy body because it is natural.
  17. I need to remember this because it never happened.
  18. Necesito aprender y parar de tener miedo.
  19. The peebles smiled at me because they believed.
  20. I am the swimmer who swims the seas that cover the land.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: The Snow Child

The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey I really enjoyed this book. I would give it a 4.7/5 because it was beautifully written with figurative la...