Tuesday, February 23, 2016

An Anti-Love Poem Exercise

               I still remember 'The One' 
I laugh,
everyday that I cared about your thoughts.
When someone hurted your feelings and I was there.
When they back-stabbed you, but I reminded you that I was always going to have your back.

I laugh, 
at all the times that I hugged you,
that I felt so protected.
That I had the chance to listen to your heartbeat.
Now that I think about it, I should've ripped it off.

I laugh,
at the dinners that we had together.
When we use to have those stupid conversations,
but yet they meant so much.
We ate spaghetti as our lips touched,
but why didn't I get a fork and ate a different plate of angel hair pasta myself.

I laugh,
as I think about how we did everything together.
We had fun together,
We cried together,
We were together in good and bad times.
My grandparents told me,
"always be there for your love one and enjoy your time together now that you are young."
I believed them,
but I can't believe you.

I laugh,
that day that you went home,
you delivered flowers and a big box of Hershey Kisses.
All the flowers were real, except for the one in the middle.
You told me that you will love me till the last one dies.
One of them never died,
but why did our love?

I laugh,
as I think about all the small gifts.
They use to mean so much.
Do you remember that ring that you put on my ring finger?
It meant a promise, if you do not recall.
But you never kept it.

I laugh,
as you use to be my sunshine in a rainfall.
The one who gave me a smile everyday.
The one who had my back,
but now you backstab it as they did to you.
But do you remember that I was always there?
The problem is that there is not another one of me to have my back.

I laugh,
that's because I fell to your story.
It was once a 'once upon a time',
and  you promised a happily ever after.
But it turned out to be a Romeo and Juliet,
about us killing our own love.

I laugh,
 at those wasted seconds,
wasted minutes,
wasted hours,
wasted days,
wasted week,
and that wasted year.
That was all because of 'The One'


To all of the Perfectionist out there that like to judge, read this before you do:
#1- It is not edited.
#2- I will soon be editing it (if you like it, make sure to comment and/or look at it again in a few days because I will update it).
#3- I am not a perfect writer. Writing is just something that I love and enjoy doing.
#4- I have never experimented with a 'anti-love poem' (1st time: Just experimenting new writing pieces).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: The Snow Child

The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey I really enjoyed this book. I would give it a 4.7/5 because it was beautifully written with figurative la...