Wednesday, February 10, 2016

A Fulfillment Poem



Fulfillment

Because the day before yesterday I woke up very early in the morning,
I could hear the birds chirping and flying all over the sky.
When I took off my pink and purple eye mask,
I could see the sun rays in my room through the window blinds.
I knew that it was morning and that it was time for the regular routine.
I had went to my sisters room,
but she wasn’t there.
I knocked on my parents’ room,
the door opened by itself.
My house was empty,
just like my heart.
To symbolize loneliness
And then going down the stairs and not hearing a single sound.

 And because then at night,
I drove around town.
My dark blue Jeep that had half a tank,
my empty pockets sitting on the seats.
My red big eyes with a puffy cloud under them,
To symbolize need, I thought.
I stopped at Uncle Jimmy’s Pizzeria.
I questioned everyone's disappearance.
I went back to my car,
grabbed a thick black Sharpie,
and went near the closed glass window.
I wrote: Am I the only one in this world?
If there is another human being, please come near me.
Nobody seemed to see me.
Nobody seemed to hear me yelling what I wrote.
I waited more than ten minutes at front of the bus stop of Uncle Jimmy's Pizzeria.
I checked my phone to see at which time would the next bus be arriving.
It was supposed to come half an hour ago,
but yet, next to the next bus coming schedule it spelled, DELAYED.
To me, that meant hope.

 and because I was afraid that I was going to be alone,
I tried to think of a place that was always full of people.
At first, I thought about the marketplace mall.
That is where everyone enjoyed to be at.
To buy clothes, perfumes, electronics and spend time together.
But then I worried.
What if something happened to my family and the rest of the people?
It was impossible if I was here though.
I couldn’t think of a place that everyone could be.
They all told me that they loved me.
If they did, why aren't they here in my time of need?
My first thought was that they went on a trip,
and they left me.
I turned on the Jeep and left home.
A very bright light bulb turned on, on top of my head.
Home is where everyone is.
To symbolize fulfillment.
I took out my keys and opened the door.
That was when I turned on the light and I saw everyone.
My mom smiled because she knew that I was worried.
I was then, surrounded by hugs.
Those hugs fulfilled the emptiness.
Happiness began to be fueled by love.
That was when I realized that companionship is needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: The Snow Child

The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey I really enjoyed this book. I would give it a 4.7/5 because it was beautifully written with figurative la...